As a female, you have to be extra careful when it comes to getting a tattoo on your thigh – they are designed to be shown off and seen. So if you’re going for a thigh tattoo, here are some dos and dont’s that can help you avoid any unwanted complications.
• Make sure that you know how much space you need on your thigh before getting it done, this will help avoid any problems if you want to get more tattoos in that area later on down the road.
• Get a professional artist who has experience in tattooing women’s thighs. This way, they know what to expect from the process and can make sure that everything goes smoothly and safely.
• Choose an intricate female thigh tattoo design that will look great on your leg instead of something too small or simple. Get a unique design or do something different than what everyone else is doing.
• Decide if you want to do Black and Grey or vibrant colors such as Reds, Blues or Greens. These colors will most likely have to be touched up at some point and may fade quicker than Black and Grey would over time.
Tattoo by Jaicheong
• Don’t get tattooed by someone who doesn’t understand how to do female thigh tattoos. It’s very different than working on other areas of the body.
• Don’t pick something that will make your thighs look ridiculous! Pick a design that compliments the contour of your legs and will compliment your body. Floral and geometric, pattern designs are great choices for many as they have a nice flow to them and can be added on or extended if you choose to get more ink later on down the road (in like a few weeks)
• Inner thigh will be painful so be ready: The inner thigh is one of the most painful locations on the body to get a tattoo done. The pain is caused by the veins in this area being close to the surface of your skin, which makes them more susceptible to bruising and swelling during healing time. If you want an inner thigh tattoo be aware that because of the skin type, the area is also more prone to stretch marks, scars and other disfigurations.
Other Considerations for Thigh Tattoos for Females
When you’re getting a thigh tattoo, you want to make sure that it is something that will look good on your body type. You also want to make sure that you do not have any issues with the area of your leg where you plan on getting the tattoo.
1) Make sure that your skin is healthy and that there are no conditions such as eczema, psoriasis or other skin problems that would cause an issue with having an artist work on this area of your body.
2) Make sure that you know where the nerves are located in this area of your body, so that they are not accidentally cut while getting the tattoo done. This could lead to infection or even numbness if it’s severe enough. In fact, if the artist isn’t careful, he could actually cut into one of those nerves causing permanent damage!
3) The thigh is a large muscle group, so getting a tattoo here can be painful. The skin is also more sensitive and thinner than other areas of the body, so you’ll need to take extra care when tattooing here.
A thigh tattoo for women should be a work of art and not just any design. Thigh tattoos are designed to be seen. A great thigh tattoo also may have meaning behind it, whether it be your favorite quote or a symbol representing something important to you. Make sure to review the do’s and don’t before going in for your thigh tat!
@strelkovtattoo – Strelkov Mikhail – Moscow, Russia
Tattoo by Coen Mitchell – New Zealand
Tattoo by Fernando Maleta. Córdoba, Argentina.